Kind of like lava lamps but better! These jellyfish are real. They have died of natural causes, been harvested by these lamp makers, frozen in liquid nitrogen and encased in crystalline epoxy. They glow in the dark, due to the jellyfishes’ natural bioluminescence.
Do not hurt yourself, my darling.
Do not pick up the blade.
Do not reach for the lighter.
Do not wait to be saved.
Do not hurt yourself, dear one,
Please put down the knife,
That you boiled in secret,
In the middle of the night.
Do not hurt yourself, sweetheart.
I know you feel pain.
More hurt and more anguish,
Than your lips can explain.
Do not hurt yourself, sunshine.
In the midst of the storm.
Because you know in the morning,
The world will transform.
Remember, I love you.
You’re important, you see.
There is only one you,
And one day you’ll be free.
You do not have to cut your way,
Out of this hell.
Please keep fighting, keep trying,
And one day, you’ll be well.
Do Not Hurt Yourself by Claudia Boleyn
A message to all those that self harm. xxx(via claudiaboleyn)
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
Selfie with a dick yolo
Now I even dream about killing myself. I miss my good dreams it was the only time I was happy
These days are getting harder and harder
(10) Tumblr on We Heart It
Recovering doesn’t mean she will never cut again, or he will never skip another meal. It doesn’t mean he is happy and she wont try to over dose again. It means they are trying to get better. And If you are ever the reason for some ones relapse when they are trying to recover then i hope it haunts you for the rest of your fucking life.